I tried a John Oliver-esque approach and am planning to create a next phase of the same. Keep looking at this space for more…
I am going to explain my methodology here, in case anyone wants to create the same
PS the link for downloading the PDF Resume is also in the description of the video…
- Create a logo for yourself: I am not talking about the designing part. For that you can watch any of the countless available free Youtube videos. I am talking about the conception part of it. Click here to learn How To Design A Logo.
- Create a Script: Yeah! Write it down so that its easier to record and update subtitles. Not sure what to include in a resume? Read my detailed post on how to create a resume. To summarize, my approach is pretty simple:
- Start with the beginning that matters, preferably times when really started taking your own decisions. It shows that you take responsibility for your actions
- Then follow this line of code : Bachelor College – Activities you did with results – Job – Outcome of your role – Masters College – Activities you did with results – Job(s) – Outcome of your role(s)
- Now summarize yourself as a human being and a professional, stating your soft and hard skills that have helped you grow into the being you are today
- End the script my mentioning how you can be reached
- Record the video: Now it need not be a single take. Repeat your lines. Try different expressions. Add and delete content from the script. Make a 10 minute video for all I care, because we will be editing it to 3 minutes or less anyways
- Edit the video: This is where you have to learn how to use an editing software like “google best video editing software and download it”. Then watch tutorials on Youtube.
- Thats it. Editing is a software skill while creating that script and recording is something that is a soft skill. Ensure that you give enough spacing between two lines so that we can cut it to shorter time lengths as and when require (like I have done)
In case you need any assistance in
- Conceptualizing your logo
- Writing your script
- Editing your video
feel free to reach me via my social handles. I am like Hutch’s/Vodafone’s dog : Happy to Help!